Good afternoon and happy Sunday! Amanda at Cupcakes and Miles tagged me in this fun little survey about my favorite topic…what else…running!!! Thanks for the tag, this was fun!
1. Would you rather run along a beach path or mountain trail?
2. If you could choose the flavor of Gatorade at your next race’s aid stations, what would it be?
I am not a fan of orange flavored beverages but one time, I ran a marathon with orange Gatorade. The weird flavor choice was actually so refreshing and fun and I would absolutely pick that!
3. If I gave you a $100 gift card to a running store, what would you purchase with it?
Sneakers. I go through them so fast! Most likely a pair of the Brooks Pure Connect since they seem to wear out after about 300-350 miles!
4. Do you prefer to follow a training plan or wake up and then decide how far and how fast you want to run?If I’m training for a race (which is often), I need a training plan to keep me focused. But I’m planning to wake up and decide how far I want to run for the month of November and I’m looking forward to that!
5. Would you rather start your run with the uphill and end on the downhill or start your run with the downhill and end with the uphill?
I’d rather the uphill first but if I’m feeling super motivated I do it at the end for the challenge!
6. When you can’t run, what type of cross-training do you choose to do?
Loops for sure – keeps it interesting and you don’t really see the same thing twice!
8. If you could recommend ANY running related item to a new runner it would be…?
9. Do you see any wild animals while out on your runs?
Mostly just the usual squirrels, bunnies, groundhogs, etc. But at the game preserve, I see bison! One time I saw a fox! And most recently, this big cat was spotted on my favorite trail (I didn’t take the picture and k definitely would prefer not to encounter it):
10. Ever gotten lost while out on a run?
Yes, several years ago when vacationing at Babcock Lake (where I am right now) I went out for 13 mile run that turned into a 17 mile run. It was so scary. I was exploring some back roads and got very turned around. It was unpaved and more like trail running, but finally thought I got back on track. Until I passed the same house twice and realized that I just repeated the big loop and was still about 5 miles from our lake house. Luckily, the family from the house I ran past twice was outside and realized what I did. They were very kind, even though I was a little nervous to trust random strangers in the middle of the woods! They gave me a glass of water and drove me back to our house. All I had before that run with a cup of coffee so I was pretty dehydrated and hungry! Needless to say, I don’t venture off the more main roads when I run up here!
11. If you could have one meal waiting and ready for you each time you got home from a run for the next 30 days…what would it be?
For now much I love food, this question is the hardest! One meal?! 30 days? Hmmmmm. Probably sushi. Or a smoothie with some serious goodies in it. Or french fries, ha! I’ve been really loving my sushi this summer, and we have Wegmans by us so it’s convenient to grab at the grocery store in my lazy post run state!! But smoothies. How about just all of the food?
Shorts! I wear capris a lot in the fall and spring, though!
13. At what mile (or how many minutes) into your run does your body start to feel like it is warming up and ready to go?
Usually takes me about 3-4 miles but if I’m feeling super cranky and I’m on a long run, it could taken up to 10 miles!
14. What do you do with your key when you run?
Either the back pocket of my shorts, tied to my shoe or just tossed behind my tire of my car. I get lazy!
15. If you could relive any race that you have done in the past, which one?
Either the 2014 Boston Marathon or the 2014 Charlevoix Marathon. That year in Boston was so special to be part of, but Charlevoix was my marathon PR and I never felt so incredible for a whole marathon as I did that day, from start to finish. I’m still chasing that feeling and hope to feel that good during a marathon again soon!
16. What type of run is your least favorite?
I love all types of runs but there are some that make me intimidated and a little cranky before the run. Any hard speed work gets me a little anxious before, but if I nail the workout I will tell you it’s my favorite type of run right after!
17. When you go for a run, do you leave from your front door or drive somewhere to start?
Mostly I drive somewhere because I live on a main road and at the base of a mountain. But if I need to do a short run before work or a hill run, I leave from my house!
18. When running in daylight, are sunglasses a must or an annoyance?
Annoyance! But I want to wear sunglasses. I think I just need to find a good pair!
19. When you get tired, what keeps you from quitting?
FOOD! Also because I feel like pushing through fatigue will make you stronger. But mostly, the promise of food 🙂
Sorry for all of the typos- had to do this post from my phone!
Tag, you’re it: