I recently hosted a margarita night with my sister-in-laws and bought a ton of frozen fruit (I was too lazy to buy it and cut it up myself) to make fun margarita concoctions. I had a bunch of leftover fruit, and the best way to use leftover frozen fruit (other than to make more boozy drinks, of course) is by making smoothies!
Watermelon Mango Coconut Smoothie
- 1 cup cubed mango, frozen
- 1/2 cup of cubed watermelon
- 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1/3 cup watermelon juice (it was in the bottom of my already cut up watermelon in my fridge – if you don’t have that, use extra almond milk or some coconut water!)
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
Put all items in your blender and blend until smooth. For a little extra sweetness (mine didn’t need it!), you could add about a tablespoon of sweetener (honey, maple syrup, agave, etc). Serves 1.
Or, to stick with the original margarita theme, add some tequila and triple sec to make a nice summery poolside beverage. Pour in a margarita glass with either a salted or sugared rim (I like sugared rims for fruity margaritas, salted rims for traditional margaritas). Probably wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world…